Click Here for a 2011 KHHA membership application.
KHHA Membership Benefits include:
- Race bike coverage up to $500 provided programmed trainer and owner(s) are current members. Race bike coverage up to $1,000 provided programmed trainer, owner(s), and driver are all current members. Coverage applies to actual race horse is competing and pre-race warm-ups. Paid out over $25,000 in recent years to KHHA members.
- 3rd party liability insurance from H.H.I. that provides coverage against damages that your horse may cause to some other person or person’s property. Must occur at a pari-mutuel racetrack, county fair racetrack, or approved training center which must be listed on your membership. This insurance costs the KHHA $37 per member, yet is provided to each member along with other benefits at the annual membership fee of $35. 3rd party liability insurance has paid out over $15,000 in Kentucky claims the last three years.
- Representation for members at the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, National Insurance Conferences, USTA District Meetings, and County Fair Meetings.
- Provides the only paid lobbyist representing harness horsemen’s interests in the Kentucky state legislature.
- Negotiates contracts for horsemen at all three Kentucky harness racetracks.
- Annual banquet to recognize accomplishments of Kentucky horsemen.
- One of a kind owner’s bonus program for those members eligible that participate in overnight racing at The Red Mile.
- Maintains purse account and distributes funds for racing at Thunder Ridge.
- Operates three of the eight county fair harness racing programs in Kentucky.